12V version with 40W heater. DIY hotend requires warmth sink to function correctly – metal base, aluminum block, or some other form of cooling device.
Assembly of this device is straight forward. Please talk over with provided drawings and photographs for visual clue. Thermistor fixed with clamping screw and Washing machine very similar to E3D V6.
DIY Hotend options:
– 30mm long stainless PTFE covered barrel, for low friction, hassle free print.
– Nozzle is according to MK8 makerbot nozzle geometry and may also be exchanged or replaced with many various kinds of nozzles available on the market. This provides you with just right choice of nozzle orifice diameters.
– Low profile: most effective about 43 mm Top.
– NTC 3950 100K pre-stressed thermistor.
NTC 3950 Thermistor parameters:
– Small Size: 1.25mmx2.0mm glass bead
– Top accuracy: 1%
– Resistance price at 25C=100K
– Wiring insulation: Top temperature teflon/PTFE
– Wiring duration: 1 meter
1 x MK8 Nozzle 0.4mm extrusion diameter.
1 x Stainless PTFE covered barrel.
1 x Aluminum heater block with 1 x M3x3 setscrew, 1 x M3x4 Socket head screw, 1 x M3 Washing machine.
1 x 12V 40W Cartridge Heater.
1 x NTC 3950 Pre-stressed thermistor
Stainless PTFE covered barrel for hassle free, low friction print
Pre-stressed NTC3950 thermistor
Clamping screw and Washing machine for simple thermistor mounting
Use it with heatsink or cooled metal base
A lot of MK8 clone nozzles compatible with this hotend – nozzle replacement is affordable and simple